Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer

Wow. So it's been forever since I've written on my blog. I think part of the problem is that I feel like I have to write a ton and then it intimidates me and I don't want to go to the effort. So from now on I think I will write quicker, shorter posts. Also it didn't help that this summer I took an English class through independent study, which required a lot of writing and made it so I didn't want to write any more, even for a blog. But anyway, the summer was super great. I loved my internship and Minnesota. I met some pretty cool people at work and church and loved getting to know Ken's family better. Then a couple of weeks ago we left Minnesota and drove back to Utah (stopping in North Platte, NE of course). Then we spent half a day with Ken's brother and family and drove to Las Vegas. That was really fun. I love being with my family and I missed them a lot this summer. Plus we got to take a lot of naps and relax. Then after four days we drove to Long Beach, CA where we boarded our cruise ship! Our cruise was so fun and relaxing. Best vacation ever. The food was great, we explored Catalina Island, went horseback riding on the beaches of Mexico, and bought art at an art auction. And took at least one nap everyday. So it was perfect. Then we drove back through LV and on to Provo to start school again. We moved into our new apartment and encountered a few spiders in our storage unit. But all in all it worked out great and we have already unpacked a lot. Hopefully it won't take that much longer, but who knows with all of the clothes I have. Tomorrow should be an exciting day of school. I still can't believe we are starting school again. Ken thinks the whole summer just feels like a dream. I feel more like the summer was real and right now is a dream, but I'm sure I'll get used to life in Provo quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment