Monday, May 30, 2011

Anniversaries

As Ken and I are approaching our first year wedding anniversary, I have had some thoughts. A lot of people who are dating like to keep vigilant track of how long they have been dating, which is fine. But sometimes it bugs me when people say it's their anniversary when they aren't even married. Maybe if they said it's the anniversary of when they started dating or something it would be fine, but I just feel like saying it's their anniversary implies that they are married. Oh and people definitely should not say it's their anniversary today if what they really mean is that they have been dating for a month. That is pretty weird to me. I'm sorry if anyone reads this who does these things, but I am just saying my opinion. Also I think wedding anniversaries are a lot more to brag about than how long you've been dating. But the way other people use the word anniversary kind of makes it mean less I think. Like if I say it's my anniversary, I don't want people to think that I have only been dating the same guy for a month or even a year. Anyways, it's not really that big of a deal I guess I was just thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment