Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pickle Similes

So my sister and I decided today that pickle similes should be the new thing. So what you do is you take something you were already going to say, and compare whatever you are talking about to a pickle. And the best part is that it doesn't actually have to relate to pickles whatsoever. In fact it's much better if it doesnt. The simile can be used to describe something good, bad, neutral, it doesn't matter. Here are some examples:
"Man, it's windy like a pickle outside today."
"Wow, you type as fast as a pickle."
"This computer is as frustrating as a pickle."
"That music is loud like a pickle."
So as you can see, neither the thing you are describing nor the adjective you use to describe it need to have anything at all to do with pickles. But you throw it in just for fun. And trust me, it's fun. Just try it and you will see for yourself. Also I have to give credit to a facebook post of random kids from Centennial High School for the idea. It was not mine, but I am supporting the effort to pass it on. Also, the first example came from a facebook status and the second from a text from my sister. And as my sister said earlier: Let's spread the pickle love!

1 comment: